Less guilt and more glee this holiday season! You can shop for the holidays and help others in need! In case you needed some options...
Websites offering ways to"Shop for a Cause"
- GoodSearch: Search and purchase products through the GoodSearch portal. Choose your cause, and then see how much of a donation each retailer will make. Then, purchase accordingly.
- ShopAnthropy: You can either choose to purchase products from participating retailers or shop from the ShopAnthropy mall. ShopAnthropy displays retailers and websites that offer charitable giving for a wide variety of products and brands, or you can see what the ShopAnthropy mall has to offer with a number of gift products where a portion of the proceeds are donated. See the percentage of proceeds that will go to the charity of your choice, and find coupons and discounts all from the same site.
- Giftback.com: A dedicated online charity shopping mall. Select gifts from the site, and 10% of that purchase price goes to the charity of your choice.
- iGive.com: Install the iGive button as an app on your browser and then shop as usual, without signing in or shopping through a starting site. The iGive button records your purchases and donates a portion of the price to your favorite charity. iGive.com has 1,500 participating stores, but the amount donated varies from retailer to retailer.
- Amazon Smile: Activate Amazon Smile by shopping from smile.amazon.com, and 0.5% of any purchase will go to a charity of your choice. This is great if you’re a heavy Amazon user.
Image Source: GoodSearch Twitter
Buy One Donate One
- For Your Fashion-Forward Teen: TOMS shoes has always had a “one for one” motto: Each time you purchase a pair of shoes, TOMS donates a pair to a child in need. FYI: The new Target + TOMS line are lower cost and still offer the same donation model.
- For Your Pet-Obsessed Friend: BOGO Bowl donates a bag of food to a local shelter each time you purchase one of its high-quality bags.
- For Your Bookworm Kid: BetterWorldBooks carries both new and used books, and donates a book for every one you buy to libraries and readers around the world.
- For Your Toddler: Everything Happy sells a range of soft and cuddly goods, such as blankets and soft toys. Register your item and then donate the same item to a cause of your choice – children’s hospital or to Ronald McDonald House Charities.
And that's just the beginning! Check out even more ways to shop and help this holiday season HERE.