THREE PLACES TO HONOR HEROES
- Tennessee State Capitol Statues of Andrew Jackson, our 7th President, and Sgt. Alvin C. York, hailed a hero during WWI.
- Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park, The WWII Memorial is impressive. Lots of folks pay a visit to this landmark while in town.
- War Memorial Auditorium There are two sculptures located on the plaza honoring those who were lost during the Vietnam War and the Korean War. Step inside and visit the Military History Branch of the Tennessee State Museum.
THREE THINGS TO DO
- Musicians Corner ft. Natalie Prass, Michael Nau, Good Buddy, and Willie Bredding @ Centennial Park – Saturday May 26. It’s free and there’s plenty to do! Bring your dog, your kids, a blanket or lawn chairs. Food trucks, beer garden on site.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame: Country’s Roaring 70’s: Outlaws and Armadillos Exhibit Opens Friday! Make an outlaw bandana in the creative zone on Friday. Learn how to write a song like Willie Nelson on Saturday. On Sunday, it’s “Outlaw Vests,” in the creative zone. Other exhibits include: Shania Twain, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill and more.
- Tennessee Renaissance Festival @ Arrington, TN - Weekends from May 5-28
THREE RANDOM EVENTS YOU DIDN’T KNOW EXISTED
- US Air Guitar Southern Regionals @ The High Watt - May 26, 18 and over. The Greatest show never seen will happen at The High Watt in Nashville on Saturday May 26th, 2018. Tennessee’s best air guitarists will battle it out to find which of them will represent Nashville in the US Air Guitar Championship!
- The Rabbit Hole Virtual Reality Arcade: Nashville's first virtual reality arcade is now open in downtown Nashville on Church Street. This arcade features six 10-foot by 10-foot play areas equipped with the latest in virtual reality and computing technology.
- Play Like A Girl at First Tennessee Park: Young female baseball and softball players have an opportunity to work with our Nashville Sounds players. AJ Andrews, pro softball outfielder and first woman to receive the Rawling's Gold Glove award, will also be on hand at this skills clinic.