When it comes to coffee, my motto is "if there's caffeine in it, I'm happy." But, really I'm not. I need A LOT of caffeine in my joe. I mean, I'm not as bad as THIS guy - but I definitely need more than the average bear.
Who's coffee has been proven to have more caffeine? Starbucks or McDonald's? 7-11 or Starbucks? Dunkin' or Panera? You might be surprised. McDonald's has been getting high praise for the quality and price of their coffee lately. When compared to Starbucks, Mickey D's may win the price game, but the coffee itself is weak. Starbucks coffee has more than TWICE as much caffeine per ounce. Even 7-Eleven coffee holds more caffeine per cup.
Whether you're like me and can't get enough caffeine OR like my husband- super sensitive and hoping to avoid the jitters - this will help.
Here are eight coffees ranked by how much caffeine each one is packing. Choose wisely!
1. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, 20.8 milligrams of caffeine per ounce. To compare, Pepsi only has about 3 milligrams per ounce.
2. Starbucks, 20.6 milligrams per ounce.
3. 7-Eleven coffee, 17.5 milligrams.
4. Peet's Coffee, 16.7 milligrams.
5. Dunkin' Donuts coffee, 15 milligrams.
6. Chick-fil-A coffee . . . yes, they have coffee . . . 13.6 milligrams.
7. Panera Bread, 11.8 milligrams per ounce.
8. McDonald's coffee, just 9.1 milligrams.