The man said his dog was barking “frantically and unusually” at the door.
During the overnight on Fourth of July in Franklin,TN, Jeff LeCates was awakened by his dog "Roux." Apparently, due to fireworks, the home beside his was set ablaze. If not for "Roux" alerting him, he would have never known to run next door and wake the family of three who had been sleeping.
Jeff was able to get everyone out safely before firefighters arrived and put the fire out. Everyone escaped without injuries, all thanks to the warning offered by Roux. Good boy!!!
Thanks to our friends at Fox 17 Nashville for this incredibly feel-good story. It was just what we needed. More details here.