The "Oxford English Dictionary" just announced some of the new words it's adding this year.
The editors just announced a new batch of words they're adding to the dictionary this year.
1. hangry- a state of anger caused by a lack of food.
2. mansplain - explaining something needlessly, overbearingly, or condescendingly, typically when addressing a woman, in a manner thought to reveal a patronizing or chauvinistic attitude.
3. swag - bold self-assurance in style or manner, an air of great self-confidence or superiority.
4. me time- time devoted to doing what one wants, typically on one's own, as opposed to working or doing things for others.
5. snowflake- a person characterized as overly sensitive or easily offended, or as feeling entitled to special treatment or consideration.
6. Aunt Flo- informal, used to refer to a woman's menstrual period.